We respect your privacy and we provide you with the right to see and/or correct your personal information. We do not sell our mailing list, nor do we disclose private information to any other person or company. Occasionally we may contact you to obtain further information or to offer other products or services that we feel may interest you. Should you prefer not to be contacted, please let us know and we will ensure that your name is withheld.
Purpose of this Policy
This policy outlines:
- what personal information we collect and how it is collected during the course of running our business;
- what we do with any personal information received; and,
- how we ensure that this information is treated in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act.
At all times there is no obligation for our customers to provide us with personal information – unless it is a necessary requirement to fulfil an order or to provide another customer service function. Customer delivery and contact details are stored and purchase history details may also be collected.
This information may be collected at our retail stores; when placing an order with our customer service department; or, from our website.
Use of Information Collected
All information Silvermoon collects through the course of normal business dealings remains confidential.
Silvermoon does not disclose personal information to any other organisations – unless the owner of that information has given their consent.
We only use the information for processing orders or for internal marketing purposes – which may include:
- fulfilment of orders.
- statistical analysis of customer shopping habits, interests, and preferences.
- analysis of relevance of our special offers and promotions and sending information about these promotions and products including sending information by e-mail providing the customers consent has been given for this service.
Security of Information Collected
Silvermoon takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that any personal information received is kept confidential.
For sending information and for delivery of orders placed through our customer service centre or via our websites, it is necessary to disclose some personal information to third parties such as delivery contractors.
Customers who do not wish to have their personal information used for marketing by Silvermoon are most welcome to indicate their desire at the time of purchase, in correspondence, at interview or any other point of contact with a representative of our company.